- 1 garlic clove (crushed)
- 1 red onion (finely chopped)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 cup of wholegrain brown rice (washed)
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds
- 1,5 teaspoon of paprika
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 carton of cannellini beans (washed and drained)
- 1/2 carton of kidney beans (wash and drained)
- 1 carton of black beans (washed and drained)
- 1 small can of sweetcorn (washed and drained)
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- Wash and prepare your ingredients.
- Lightly heat up a little olive oil in a large pan and add the chopped onion, garlic and mixed peppers. Lightly fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the wholegrain rice along with the spices and salt. Thoroughly coat the rice with the oil and leave to cook for a few minutes.
- Add in the tomato puree, mix thoroughly and leave to cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour in your vegetable stock, beans, salt and sweetcorn. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer with a lid on for around 25-30 minutes. Make sure the rice doesn’t stick to the pan, so stir occasionally and add some extra stock/water if needed.
- When the rice has fully cooked, turn off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes whilst you prepare your dish
Source : http://www.vegansociety.com