- 2 lbs. potatoes, peeled
- 1 large yellow onion, very finely chopped
- 2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 4 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 tbsp. chopped fresh chives
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
1) Bring a saucepan of water to a boil, add the potatoes and parboil for 4 minutes.
2) Immediately remove the potatoes and place in cold water to cool. Once cool enough to handle, roughly shred them into a bowl. Add the onion, salt, pepper, 3 tablespoons of the oil, chives, and parsley.
3) Heat the remaining oil in a nonstick skillet over a high heat. When it is very hot, add the potato mixture, pressing down firmly with the palm of your hand. Reduce the heat slightly, then cook until golden brown, about 7 minutes.
4) Ease a spatula under the rösti to release, then invert the rösti onto a plate. Slip the rösti back into the pan to cook the second side. If preferred, the second side can be cooked under a preheated broiler.
Source : http://www.vegansociety.com