- 2 tbsp chilli oil
- 4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 5cm/2-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 250g / 9 oz carrots, cut into thin strips
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into thin strips
- 150g / 5 1/2 oz shiitake mushrooms, sliced
- 150g / 5 1/2 oz mange tout
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 350g / 12 oz beansprouts
- Cooked rice, to serve
- Heat the chilli oil in a preheated wok and fry the garlic, ginger and carrots for 3 minutes. Add the red pepper and stir-fry for another 2 minutes. Then add the mushrooms and mange tout and stir-fry for 1 minute.
- In a small bowl, mix together the soy sauce and peanut butter until combined.
- Using a wooden spoon, make a space in the centre of the stir-fried vegetables so that the base of the wok is visible. Pour in the sauce and bring to the boil, stirring all the time until it starts to thicken. Add the beansprouts and toss the vegetables to coat thoroughly with the sauce.
- Transfer to a serving dish and serve immediately with freshly cooked rice.
Source : http://www.vegansociety.com