- 2 lemongrass stalks, tough outer leaves removed, core finely chopped
- 5 spring onions, chopped
- handful fresh coriander, chopped
- 8 dried kaffir lime leaves
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 2 green chillies, deseeded
- thumb-sized piece ginger, chopped
For the curry
- 2 aubergines, roughly chopped
- 1 red pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 250g green beans, cut into thirds
- 300ml vegetable stock
- 400ml can unhomogenised coconut milk (cream only)
- 300g buckwheat noodles
- handful cashew nuts
- 4 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 lime
- and finely chopped red chilli
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/ gas 6. To make the curry, toss the aubergines and red pepper in a roasting tin with 1 tbsp coconut oil, and roast for 20-25 mins until they are softened.
- Meanwhile, make the paste. Put all the ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Heat the sesame oil and remaining coconut oil in a frying pan or wok. Add the paste and fry for 1-2 mins, then stir in the green beans and fry for another 1-2 mins.
- Add the vegetable stock, mixing well, followed by the roasted vegetables and the solid coconut cream from the top of the can of coconut milk. Give it all a good stir, bring to the boil, then allow it to simmer for 4-5 mins.
- Meanwhile, cook the buckwheat noodles following pack instructions.
- Add the cashews and desiccated coconut to the curry. Divide the drained noodles between three bowls, top with the curry, squeeze over some lime juice and garnish with red chilli.
Source : www.bbcgoodfood.com