- 3/4 pound tofu cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch or arrowroot
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger root, freshly grated, peeled (if desired)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- One 1-pound bag frozen stir-fry vegetables, mixed, thawed
- Salt and pepper to taste, if desired
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups rice, cooked
1. Cut the tofu into dice-sized cubes. Place in a large bowl and add the tomato sauce, soy sauce, cornstarch, whisk briskly, then add sesame oil, and ginger root, if desired. Stir and toss until completely mixed. Set aside.
2. Coat a wok or large skillet, preferably nonstick, with a little sesame oil and place over moderate heat. When hot, add the tofu mixture and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add the walnuts and vegetables and stir constantly for 2 minutes more, or until the tofu is lightly browned. Season with salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
3. Transfer to a bowl or platter and sprinkle with the green onions. Serve over rice.