- 1/2 red bell pepper, small, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, small, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/4 red onion, medium, cut into 1-inch cubes, separated
- 4 ounces mushrooms, cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 zucchini, small, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons basil*, fresh, snipped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, coarsely chopped
*May substitute 1 teaspoon dried basil, adding it with the olive oil before roasting vegetables.
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place bell peppers, onion and mushrooms in a large bowl and toss with olive oil and salt. Place in a single layer on a large baking sheet, making sure not to crowd vegetables. Cook for 10 minutes.
Add snap peas, zucchini, yellow squash and garlic and stir lightly. Top with walnuts and cook for 5 to 10 minutes more or until all vegetables are crisp-tender and walnuts are toasted.
Drizzle with balsamic and toss well. Sprinkle with basil.