Hebrews 11:3 – “By faith we understand that the universe was formed by God’s word, so that what is seen was not made out of what was visible.”
Today I would like to underline the importance of confessing the Word of God in or lives. Unfortunately, when we use the word “confession”, the first thing that often comes to mind is the confession of sin.
Thinking this way is not incorrect, simply incomplete. In no way do I want to minimise the importance of confessing sin to the Lord. If you have unconfessed sin in your life, let me encourage you to confess it to the Lord so that you may be forgiven and purified from all unrighteousness.
According to the above verse, we need to realise the power of God’s word, for it was by His word that all things were created. There are 3 important points to retain:
- All things created are subject to the Word of God
- The Word of God has power to create
- The Word of God has power to transform.
These three points are a catalyst to motivate us to confess the promises of God in our lives, because the Word of God has the potential to change everything.
However, simply repeating the Word mechanically without thinking and without ensuring that it is anchored in our our hearts will not necessarily release its full power.
The Bible reveals that the mouth speaks out of the abundance of the heart, and that the Word of God should be in our hearts and in our mouths.
So let us take the time to fill our hearts with His Word: by listening to it, studying it, meditating on it, memorising it, and by reading the Bible. Let us fill our hearts with the Word of God until it is overflowing from our lips through our confession of His promises!
Let’s make a decision that, starting today, we will:
– Spend time in the Word of God so that it will fill our hearts.
– Begin to confess the promises of God in our lives.
Ask the Holy Spirit to help you be disciplined, to remain in the Word of God, and to confess His promises in your life.
- If you already have this habit, I encourage you to continue
- If you don’t have this habit, I encourage you to begin today
- If you used to have this habit, I encourage you to reestablish it today